Hello, beautiful/handsome book dragons! I cannot wait to dive into May’s book box review. I did a subscription box review here on the three previous book boxes that I received from February to April 2016 from The Best Damn Book Box. Based on how much I loved each box, I decided to renew for another three months!
May’s theme was Beauty and the Beast!
Pictured above are all of the things that I received.
Bookish items included:
1. Delicious brew of rose, cinnamon, and vanilla black tea from literary tea collection cultivated by FirstEditionTeaCo (Etsy Shop, Instagram). I think that this tea was really rather enjoyable, except that I personally don’t prefer vanilla in my tea. I love love love vanilla scents and flavors, but for some reason, loathe it only in my tea. Otherwise, I like it. It’s a very flavorful blend, and the cinnamon definitely perks it up in a most cheery way!
2. A scrumptious treat by Meechies Kreations (Website Shop, Instagram). The lemony oreo with Belle’s yellow dress pictured on it was devoured first thing with a cup of classic Earl Grey as I admired the rest of my box’s contents. I can’t help it guys. I’m a piggy at heart and couldn’t resist eating it right away. It was absolutely divine! I may be ordering from this business in the near future for some tea-ish treats!
3. The most delightful little “Be Our Guest” candle by In the Wick of Time (Etsy Shop, Instagram). This candle smells wonderfully of cobbler, vanilla cupcakes, and tea! It’s almost gone, I love it so much! I was perusing the Etsy shop, and may have to snag one of the Parisian Cafe candles!
4. An 8×10 watercolor Belle print created specifically for this box by Caitlin at Marquis du Soleil (Etsy Shop, Instagram). I love everything Belle! It is so cute and I love the details of her dress, and the background with the rose petals floating around her (pictured in the main photo above)!
5. A 5×7 Belle piece of artwork (pictured to the left) from Vista Print (Instagram). Can we ever get enough of Belle? That’s a rhetorical question, but the answer is “no.” We can neither have nor get enough Belle in our lives!
7. A book plate created specifically for the box to mimic the book chosen this month also from Behind the Pages! This girl does it all! I think that she also sells soaps in her Etsy shop too!
8. A bronze colored key necklace that wasn’t mentioned on the monthly newsletter of bookish items included in the box, but it was there nonetheless. I apologize for not knowing what shop it’s from, but it’s terribly cute and super vintage looking!
I am a lover of all things vintage and this necklace goes with practically everything that I own! Again, not listed, but a beautiful and lovely surprise item that contributes to the magical fairy tale Beauty and the Beast theme. Perhaps it’s meant to unlock a secret mini library in the castle! Ooh, I know! It unlocks a secret rose garden with afternoon tea tables, benches, and a comfy nook swing to read in for hours and hours!
9. The book chosen for the month was a beautiful retelling of Beauty and the Beast, the second book in its series, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas!
I am absolutely enamored with this series and did perchance purchase it in May immediately upon its release in bookstores. If you have read this, ONLY IF YOU HAVE READ THIS BOOK, please feel free to click and fangirl with me on my review post here! There are spoilers, but if you’ve read this, you know that there’s no chill afterwards!
What did I do with my extra copy? I gifted it to my sister for her birthday along with purchasing the first book A Court of Thorns and Roses from here at Barnes & Noble online. I think this is a great opportunity for everyone that received A Court of Mist and Fury to check out the series and get into it if they have not already, OR gift it to someone that might also like it!
As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed each and every item that was carefully chosen and packed for my enjoyment! I can’t wait to see what lovely bookish surprises are in June’s “Game of Thrones” box, and July’s “Neverland” box!
The price per month starts at $39.99. I chose to opt for three months at $89.99, but there is also a six month option for $169.99. If you happen to follow The Best Damn Book Box on their Instagram, sometimes you’ll find coupons, giveaways, and additional boxes that you can purchase separately!
Stay bookish my friends,